• Members
  • 2,920 posts
  • Home DZ:Sibson
  • Jumps:720

Posted 30 November 2011 - 06:14 PM

Posted Image

Summary

- What?
The BCPA's annual wind tunnel event, moving back to Airkix Manchester for some awesome competitions, free coaching, and more tunnel time booked than any previous event!

- Who?
For everyone - from absolute beginners to experienced!
[NB] Non-BCPA members may only attend if they are flying with at least one or more BCPA members and not just taking advantage of the cheap tunnel time for personal use.

- When?
Saturday 18th February --> Sunday 19th February 2012

- Where?
Airkix Manchester, near the Manchester Trafford Centre. http://www.airkix.co...manchester.aspx

- Why?
Free FS and FF coaching (priority is given to those that book first), lots of awesome competitions including Tunnel Twister, 4-way FS and 2-way FF (competitions can only be entered by eligible BCPA members), and discounted tunnel time!

- How?
Register on the new BCPA website - Registration is now open -
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER

- More Info

This year we are returning to Airkix Manchester with 16 hours of tunnel time booked over the weekend - please be aware that we cannot guarantee specific slots, you can make requests if you have long distances to travel but I can make no guarantees.

Facebook Event: (You will still need to purchase / book using the BCPA website as above - before it sells out!)

LINK

Prices:
(All prices include Google Checkout fees, hence the odd values!)

Event Registration - £5.38 per person
Required for everyone attending the event

Tunnel Brief - £10.75 per person
Required for any non-Skydivers - i.e. not already onto solo freefall - that have not been in a wind tunnel before

Tunnel Twister Competition - £32.25 per entry
Like the game, but in the tunnel! Highly recommended for anyone that can fly stably in the wind tunnel.
3 mins flying time (solo) over 2 rounds, and multiple entries permitted (restrictions apply, and points awarded as per BCPA rules).
** Counts for BCPA Competition League Points **

4-way Formation Skydiving Competition - £48.38 per team entry (just over £12 per person!)
Must be bought as a team (i.e. one person pays for a team entry). If you don't have a team, I can help find you some team mates - just let me know.
4.5 mins flying time, over 3 rounds. Multiple entries permitted (restrictions apply, and points awarded as per BCPA rules).

2-Way Freefly Competition - £48.38 per team entry (just over £24 per person)
Must be bought as a team (i.e. one person pays for a team entry). If you don't have a team, I can help find you some team mates - just let me know.
4.5 mins flying time, over 3 rounds. Multiple entries permitted (restrictions apply, and points awarded as per BCPA rules).

Bulk Tunnel Time - £10.75 per minute
Normally as much as £13.50 per minute, so a real bargain! Includes FREE FS and FF Coaching.

Availability:
(updated as regularly as I can manage)

Posted Image

The Plan:

Saturday
- Flying starts at 9am so anyone flying in the morning should get there nice and early (recommended at least an hour before flying). First sessions goes on until 1pm. Second session is from 5pm until 11pm. The competitions will be held in the evening on the Saturday.

After flying has finished we'll head to the bars in the Chill Factor for a few drinks. Any proper party goers can travel the short distance into Manchester City Centre for a good night out!

Sunday
- Flying starts again at 9am, and the first session ends at 1pm. The competition results will then be announced and the final session runs from 3pm to 5pm. Everyone then departs!

Accommodation:

You will find accommodation in Manchester surprisingly easy to find and quite affordable! It is up to you to book a room but below are a number of suggestions near the Tunnel:

- Premier Inn West (very close to Tunnel) - £29 per Double Room - http://www.premierin...en/hotel/MANTRA
- Premier Inn South (very close to Tunnel) - £29 per Double Room - http://www.premierin...en/hotel/MANCOA

- Holiday Inn (< 5 miles away) - £62 per Double Room - http://www.holidayin...hmc/hoteldetail

- Premier Inn West (very close to Tunnel) - £63 for a Quad room - www.booking.com (search for Trafford Centre)

Plus lots more, just do your own searches! Remember you can cram lots of people into some of these rooms, and make them very cheap!

Questions:

Finally, if you have any questions either ask them below (preferred) or else contact me at the email address given here http://go.bcpa.org.uk/EmailBCPA
(Please do not send Facebook messages / wall post / UKS private messages, as these are likely to be missed)

Thanks!

Sam

BCPA Chairman

#2 SamLee

SamLee

BCPA Council

• Members
  • 2,920 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 06:59 PM

Event Registration Instructions
1) Complete the form on the BCPA website with what you would like to purchase, plus all the requested details/ customisations for each. For each item, press 'add to cart' and the items will be added to a Google Checkout basket in the top right of the screen - ignore this for now.
2) Click the "Save Details" button at the bottom of the form. If you know what details you will be using for Google Checkout you can enter them here.
3) Click on the Google Checkout basket in the top right of the screen and pay for your items using Google Checkout.
4) If you didn't do so in step 2, return to this page and add the checkout email address used and the date of purchase.

It should be noted that EVERY person attending the event must register using this method on their own personal account on the website, and pay the registration fee individually by Google Checkout. So if you are buying competition entries or bulk time for others, make sure they go to the website and register individually as well.

REGISTER HERE!

#3 martin90

martin90
  • Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 09:15 PM

I feel like that graph may need updating, judging by facebook statuses about 10 hours must have already gone!

#4 SamLee

SamLee

BCPA Council

• Members
  • 2,920 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 09:39 PM

Ok you crazy folk, we have set a new (ridiculous) record and sold over 16 hours of tunnel time in less than an hour and a half!!! Given we only had 16 hours booked, this does pose a small problem. What I'm going to do is keep the purchasing system open for 24 hours. If you want to take part in this event - pay up within 24 hours! After that, I will see how much we need in total and either extend the time we have booked at the tunnel (if possible), or reclaim some time off the Uni's / individuals that have bought large quantities of tunnel time to make it as fair as possible. Posted Image

edit: PLEASE NOTE ANYONE BUYING FROM NOW ON - YOUR TUNNEL BOOKING IS NOT CONFIRMED UNTIL I HAVE CONTACTED YOU SAYING SO!

#5 SaraG

SaraG
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 10:12 PM

eek, hope I got mine booked before that, booked a hotel too before I refreshed this!!

#6 SamLee

SamLee

BCPA Council

• Members
  • 2,920 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 06:40 AM

eek, hope I got mine booked before that, booked a hotel too before I refreshed this!!

You're safe Sara :)

#7 SamLee

SamLee

BCPA Council

• Members
  • 2,920 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 06:22 PM

Hey all,
As was posted on the group yesterday, the initial 16 hours of tunnel time sold out within a mere 1.5 hours!!! I have continued selling it however, with the intention of either buying more time from Airkix (if possible!), or claiming some back of the groups/Uni's that have bought loads to make it as fair as possible.

So far, all of the extra that has sold I will honour and confirm that you will get that time.

As I posted yesterday I will also keep the sales open until 8pm tonight. After 8pm, you will not be able to buy any more time off the BCPA. Please be aware that if you buy any more than 10 minutes of tunnel time between now and 8pm it WONT BE CONFIRMED UNTIL I EMAIL YOU OR SEND OUT ANOTHER MESSAGE CONFIRMING I CAN HONOUR IT.

Thanks for your patience!

Sam

#8 SamLee

SamLee

BCPA Council

• Members
  • 2,920 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 01:34 PM

Hey all,

Just to let you all know I'm currently working on a draft of the tunnel schedule. It should be out next week. If you are flying at the event please let me know asap of any essential constraints on when you can fly. I.e. you can't get there until after 'x' time on the Saturday. Please note while I will try my best to accommodate for any such requirements with 16 hours of tunnel to schedule I can make no promises!

Sam
BCPA Chairman

#9 mattgottwald

mattgottwald

BCPA Council

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 04:43 PM

Anybody from Southampton uni should be heading up Friday night so should be able to fly any time Saturday. I'd prefer to leave at a reasonable time on Sunday as we have at least a 4 hour drive. Cheers Sam, I don't even know how you begin to do this!

#10 SamLee

SamLee

BCPA Council

• Members
  • 2,920 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 05:39 PM

Anybody from Southampton uni should be heading up Friday night so should be able to fly any time Saturday. I'd prefer to leave at a reasonable time on Sunday as we have at least a 4 hour drive. Cheers Sam, I don't even know how you begin to do this!

Glad to hear it as all 4-way training is going to have to be on Saturday morning Posted Image

#11 SamLee

SamLee

BCPA Council

• Members
  • 2,920 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 05:52 PM

Dear all, I have now completed the first draft of the top level schedule for the BCPA Indoor Championships 2012. Please find your individual tunnel session and check that you have been allocated the correct amount of time, and that you are able to make the time that you have been scheduled. You should be at the tunnel at least an hour before your flight session, more if your coach is flying in the sessions before you. As you can see some of the coaches have periods of coaching with no gaps so if you want to get briefed by them make sure you get there at a time when they are available.
Please get back to me by Friday 27th January if you have any issues. Anything raised after this date I will not be able to correct. If you are not able to make the time you have been allocated, I would appreciate it if you can find a suitable swap by studying the schedule - otherwise it becomes an impossible task for me.
Also, sorry to those that have to fly particularly early or late, but I have to fit everyone in around the competitions and coaching availability and as you can imagine it's VERY difficult putting together such a manifest. If you have a good reason for not being able to make these times, please let me know.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS ISN'T THE FINAL SCHEDULE - THINGS MAY CHANGE! Once it's been finalised, the full manifest with all rotations will be published. Rotations will be a mix of 1.5 and 2 minutes.

Thanks.

Sam

BCPA Chairman

Attached Files

#12 SamLee

SamLee

BCPA Council

• Members
  • 2,920 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 05:59 PM

It's worth noting that I've been working on this for so long and it's such a complicated thing that it's just a blur to me now, so I may have made some obvious mistakes. Please do point them out to me - solving problems now is 1000 times easier than solving with 5 minutes before someone is meant to fly!!! Posted Image

#13 timmyg

timmyg
  • Members
  • 539 posts
  • Home DZ:Dunks
  • Jumps:800

Posted 23 January 2012 - 06:51 PM

This manifest is currently being revised with an updated one in a couple days...all the obvious problems have been spotted....

#14 lucyeldred

lucyeldred
  • Members
  • 240 posts
  • Home DZ:Skydive Dubai
  • Jumps:700+

Posted 03 February 2012 - 10:13 AM

This manifest is currently being revised with an updated one in a couple days...all the obvious problems have been spotted....

Will we be allowed to see the updated version at any point? :pirate:

Edited by lucyeldred, 03 February 2012 - 10:14 AM.

#15 SamLee

SamLee

BCPA Council

• Members
  • 2,920 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 10:17 AM

Yup I received it back from Tim yesterday as he was making the changes. I should have it up either today or Monday.

#16 Jakob

Jakob
  • Members
  • 427 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 10:18 AM

I think Tim said something about making it more fun by having people guess the times they're flying...

#17 SamLee

SamLee

BCPA Council

• Members
  • 2,920 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 05:31 PM

Ok the schedule has now been revised due to a few issues with the original one. YOU HAVE UNTIL MIDNIGHT ON WEDNESDAY 8TH FEBRUARY TO LET US KNOW ANY ISSUES WITH THIS SCHEDULE! After this time the full rotations list will be created (quite a lot of work!) and after that no more changes will be made.

The new schedule is a couple posts down by timmyg

Sam

EDIT: minor updated schedule

Edited by timmyg, 05 February 2012 - 07:44 PM.

#18 Jakob

Jakob
  • Members
  • 427 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 06:50 PM

For the second time, you STILL haven't got my name right! It's Jakob with a K not Jacob with a C! I completely refuse to enter the tunnel as Jacob!! :smack:

Edited by Jakob, 05 February 2012 - 06:50 PM.

#19 kellja2001

kellja2001
  • Members
  • 1,797 posts
  • Home DZ:Nethers
  • Jumps:Jack+1

Posted 05 February 2012 - 06:58 PM

For the second time, you STILL haven't got my name right! It's Jakob with a K not Jacob with a C! I completely refuse to enter the tunnel as Jacob!! :smack:

If he's throwing his toys out the pram, I'll happily go in the tunnel whilst he's sulking outside :P

#20 timmyg

timmyg
  • Members
  • 539 posts
  • Home DZ:Dunks
  • Jumps:800

Posted 05 February 2012 - 07:45 PM

Minor update, with a couple small changes due to a name switch

EDIT: V2.1 updated to 2.2

Edited by timmyg, 07 February 2012 - 12:23 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users